skip to main content

Apply for an Australian visa

You have been approved to apply for a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457).

As part of your application you will need to provide the Australian Government with some additional information.

Please wait until your visa is confirmed before you make any travel arrangements.

Learn more about your work visa

  • Confirm sponsorship details

    1 to do
    Before you begin your application, you must confirm your sponsor details.
    You have confirmed the sponsorship details being used for this visa
    Confirm sponsorship details
    Sponsorship details confirmed

    Sponsorship approval

    Nomination reference: AUX-1234568

    Sponsoring employer details

    • Matt & Co Pty Ltd
    • ABN: 96 257 979 159
    • 12 Byng St, Orange, NSW 2800

    Position details

    • Title: Industrial designer
    • Occupation: Industrial designer
    • Salary: $85,000

  • Enter your details

    1 to do
  • Enter your partner’s details

    1 to do
  • Enter job qualifications

    1 to do
  • Submit evidence

    4 to do

    Meeting health requirements

    Citizens of Japan do not generally need to complete immigration health examinations for a temporary visa. However, you should check specific requirements for your circumstances.

    Learn more about meeting health requirements

    Police check

    For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years, since turning 16 years of age.

    You must declare all recorded offences to us. If you do not declare an offence and we become aware of this it might have a negative impact on your application.

    Learn more about police checks

    Evidence of health insurance

    Japan does not have a reciprocal arrangement with Australian Medicare, so you will need to obtain and provide evidence of adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia.

    Learn more about health insurance in Australia

    English language test

    You and your partner will need to take an English language proficiency test (IELTS) unless you have completed 5 years of study in English at secondary level or higher.

    Learn more about English language proficiency

  • Submit payment

    1 to do
  • Track application

    1 to do